Welcome to the Apothecary

To go to my website click the link: apothecarygreens.weebly.com

NOTE: The information in this blog does not constitute the practice of medicine, and does not replace the advice of your health care provider.

Saturday 27 September 2014

Balm for bruises, sprains, and sore backs

This morning, after getting up very early, it is Sunday I so wanted to sleep in, but my week day habits of a 5am start seem to prevent the weekend slumber, I decided to make a balm for my husband's sore back.

We buy heat rubs frequently for his back issues, and they are expensive plus they have a lot of preservatives of the noxious kind, so I thought I would make him so heat rub for his back.

I previously posted the recipe in to my website for Bruise Balm, and essentially this heat rub is Bruise Balm but with more heat.

In addition to the ingredients as per Bruise Balm, I added to the melted oils 2 tablespoons very fine ground ginger and 2 tablespoons very fine ground cayenne pepper.

The I made the balm as per my method outlined in my website.

This balm feels super warm on the skin and as well as the temporary pain relief it gives to sore aching muscles and bones, the cayenne and ginger help to increase the peripheral circulation, meaning that there is an increased oxygenated blood flow to the injured areas, helping to speed up the repair process.

Beware: do not put this anywhere near your face it is hot!

.........................................................................................................................
 NOTE: The information in this blog does not constitute the practice of medicine, and does not replace the advice of your health care provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment